Monday 11 September 2017

Copenhagen 3

The sun is shining in Copenhagen so we got out and about nice and early. First stop Grød for breakfast. The yummiest glutenfri porridge, but a huge serving and way too much for me. Please someone, open one of these in Wellington!!!



Our next stop was the Rundetaarn which is a round tower in the centre of the city that has a wide circular pathway up to the top. Amazing views when we got there!



At the top you can see all around Copenhagen and across to Sweden.


Did the Famous Model thing here, and then spent a bit of time looking at all the displays on the way down. This was a really cool place.

You can look in the core of the tower which is hollow and lets you see all the way down. The floor is glass and you can stand on it and take photos. Does this pic look like I stood on the glass? Hell no! I could hardly look.
Then we walked on down to the canal and eventually took one of the tour boats. We'd been told that the canal tours were a great way to get an overview of the city and it certainly was. We had a fantastic time out on the water and saw so many things that warrant closer inspection! This city is amazing. Uh Oh, I keep saying that don't I?


The modern architecture here is also amazing but I didn't get good photos. But here is my absolute favourite that sums it all up. This is the rubbish burning plant that has just opened and gets rid of all the city's rubbish, and puts power back in the grid. But best of all, the roof has been designed to be a ski slope in the winter! And that absolutely delights me! AMAZING I shall say again.

Hej hej
Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment