Thursday 18 August 2016

TOKYO 1

I only had 2-3 days in Tokyo and the jetlag kicked in so I was surviving (?) on about 3 hours sleep a night. 

Still you can't keep a Fabric Hunter down and I got out and about. Sometimes a little too out and about since I did get lost a time or two. But that's all part of the fun, right??


The most difficult part of wondering around was finding landmarks to remember the way back. There are too many high rise buildings to be able to see the ones that you may have carefully spotted before leaving your hotel...

And there weren't many shop or building signs in English so that didn't work for navigation either. 

And I don't have a sense of direction at all!



So I discovered some lovely quiet residential streets amongst all the huge buildings ...







And the Fashion College which I'd seen on the map earlier and that told me I wasn't where I thought I was!











But I did find Okadaya and spent hours going floor to floor. 6 floors of buttons, beads, accessories, trims, tapes, needles, dyes, etc. And then 5 floors of fabrics. Exhausting!




This place was huuuuuge too!

Luckily I have Koru membership and can have a free extra checked-in bag coming home. I could have bought much more than I did.

And this is the toilet control panel. So tough now that I'm home and don't have the heated toilet seat anymore!! 



Bai bai
Ree





No comments:

Post a Comment